Natural face masks are something that I use regularly and that aid my skin in so many different ways. Some organic ingredients actually help the skin due to their incredible properties. They’re great if you just want to relax and maybe scare your relatives a bit. On the other hand, you need to know exactly what your skin demands. If it needs hydration, then give it a lot of water and avoid dryness. If it needs clarifying, then give it a good scrub and avoid oil. Consider it a love relationship between you and your skin – the more you take care of it, the more it will take care of you.
Lemon Honey Scrub:
This scrub is used when you want to get rid of dead skin, control oily skin, and moisturize. You’re going to need:
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice (extracted from a fresh lemon)
1 tablespoon sugar
Mix the ingredients together (adding more of one or the other if you feel your skin needs it) and apply all over your face excluding your eyes and eyebrows. Gently scrub for 2-3 minutes and leave on for an extra 5 minutes. Remove mask with warm water and lightly pat face with a towel.
Lemon is wonderful for the skin because it:
- helps with oily skin
- is acidic so it tends to heal acne
- natural lightener so it removes blemishes
Honey has many attributes (apart from it being a lovely sweetener):
- contains anti-bacterial properties that prevents breakouts
- calms irritations and redness
- lightens skin
Strawberry Yogurt Hydrating Mask:
This mask is ideal for dry and blemished skin. For this you need:
3 chopped and smushed strawberries
1/4 cup yogurt
Apply to face generously and leave on for 5-10 minutes. Remove with warm water and lightly pat face with a towel.
Strawberries have many benefits, including:
- anti-ageing properties – Vitamin C and antioxidants that prevent skin damage
- diminish eye puffiness and circles beneath the eyes
- lightening properties, which improve complexion and removes blemishes
Yogurt helps because of:
- calcium – this has antioxidants which heals dry skin
- vitamin B – enhances the glow of your skin and keeps it hydrated
Will all-natural face masks become the next big thing for a healthier skin?