Packing for music festivals can be overwhelming. “What exactly am I going to wear?”, “What’s the weather going to be like?”, “Should my luggage be that full?” These are all common questions that everyone asks themselves prior going to a festival. But honestly, organizing and getting your stuff together is really quite simple.
The good thing about festivals is that everyone is there for the music and for the experience. Not many people will care if you’re the best-dressed there, but still it doesn’t hurt to dress to fit the theme and atmosphere of the festival.
I recently went to Tomorrowland in Belgium, the ultimate EDM/Deep House rave festival. It was euphoric. There is no other word for it. The crew there is amazing; they practically build a town for 200,000 people (+more) from scratch at a tiny little village called Boom. In the end, it’s all so magical it feels like it was a dream. Nonetheless a very vivid one!
Anyway, here are a few things that are a must to bring to a festival:
- Water: lots and lots of it! You will get dehydrated fast.
- Rain poncho: you never know when you might need it, and you’ll be happy when you do
- Sneakers: bring some sneakers that you don’t mind getting seen destroyed or very damaged
- Sweater: the weather is very unpredictable!
- Portable phone charger: it truly is a lifesaver
- Phone/Camera: obviously you can’t go without it
- Bag: bring something light and comfortable that you can stuff your stuff in
- Sunglasses: just in case
- Sunscreen: beware of the sun
- Hat: only if you really want to
If you’re camping on-site, I recommend to bring a few extras like:
- Blanket: it can get cold at night
- Small pillow: inflatable or non-inflatable, it can save your neck
- Lock: to lock your stuff in when you leave to go to the festival grounds
- Chair: it can be useful when you want to sit outside your tent and talk to new friends
- Portable speakers: to keep playing that music late into the night
- Snacks: for random chocolate or biscuit cravings
- Small Bathroom kit: shampoo, soap, scrub, hairbrush…
- Flip-flops: for the showers and bathroom
- Towel: very easy to forget
In terms of clothing, pack light:
- 2-4 pairs of shorts: different colors and style add diversity
- 2-4 T-shirts: to pair with the shorts!
- Socks: bring extra just in case it gets muddy
- Underwear: obviously…
- 2 pairs of bikinis/bathing suits: it can be very useful when it’s extremely hot and sunny
- Pajamas: long pants & T-shirt
Scroll down to see a few pictures of the Tomorrowland 2015 experience!
If you have any other tips, let me know