Short, long, straight, wavy, curly, whatever type it is, hair is undeniably present and it demands to be taken care of. Believe it or not, how healthy your hair is gives an certain impression on who you are and how you take care of yourself. If you’re someone who loves to nurture their hair and make it look impeccably healthy, then read on. If you don’t care, then keep reading because these tricks will help you.
- Use natural oils:
- Keratin for damaged hair
- Moroccan oil for split ends
- Argan oil for shine and moisture
- Coconut oil for hair growth and split ends (Extra Virgin Vita Coco is great)
- Olive oil for dryness and shine
Coconut oil for deep conditioning:
- Microwave 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a heatproof bowl
- Spread oil in hair and put hair up in a bun for 30 min or however long
- Shampoo well and condition if wanted
2. If you can’t find natural products or find them too expensive, then you can use products as an alternative. There are many great products that range from low to high prices and often work wonderfully.
Here are some just to name a few:
- Brazilian Keratin Therapy OGX (available here)
- Awapuhi Wild Ginger Keratin Intensive Treatment (available here)
- Caudalie Divine Oil (available here)
- Keratin Oil OGX (available here)
- Argan Oil of Morocco Creamy Hair Butter OGX (available here –
- Kérastase Masquintinse (available here – one of the best)
- Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil (available here)
- Kérastase Elixir Ultime (available here – absolute favorite)
These are simple, quick, everyday products that are easy to use for healthier hair and each one works amazingly well. There are so many more out there that also should be considered. Here are some places you could find them:
Sephora (low to high prices)
Moroccanoil (slightly pricey)
3. Use natural fruits and veggies to make hair masks
This method requires more time and you may not see perfect results, but they still work really well and if you do it often enough, you’ll see your healthy hair in no time.
Banana: useful for dry or flaky hair. It keeps it hydrated and healthy. If used frequently, your hair becomes smoother and more moisturized.
Yogurt: great conditioner for dry and damaged hair.
Lemon: wonderful ingredient to straighten hair, treat oily scalp, get rid of split ends, and lighten hair.
Honey: the enzymes and nutrients in honey give hair a shinier and straighter look.
What are your tips for healthier hair?